Re: Transparency vs. Performance: survey of opinion

Koen writes:
> Two new cache-control request directives, "may-cache" and "min-age"
> that indicate possible weakening of any "no-cache" and "max-age"
> restrictions, would work for me.  ...

I think that the proposed "max-stale" directive does indicate what
Koen would like the client to indicate.  "may-cache" would therefore
be redundant.  I have no idea what "min-age" would be used for, since
the client certainly wouldn't reject a fresh response.

In other words, I think we reached an acceptable compromise before
this thread started.

......Roy