Re: Describing current practice for 301 and 302

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Larry Masinter wrote:

> I've never read anything that servers must ignore queries for
> non-searchable resources. While some servers might, why should we ever
> assert such a thing?

I wasn't clear ... what is ignored is the fact that it is a query URL
... that is ... it has a ? part. The servers which behave this way
parse off the query part and use their normal alias 'dispatching'
rules to do something with the 'root' part of the URL. When it
isn't a CGI program, that seems to meen simply serve the page.

At least that is the behavior I have observed.

Dave