RE: doubt regarding http 1.1

Servers (most/some/dunno) will send the "Connection: Close" header when they
close the connection directly after a response.
After some time (idle time-out) servers close connections in order to save
bandwidth and clean-up connection that are no longer used, you probably
don't need them anyway.

HTTP/1.x has no method to inform about closing a inactive connection. You
will just notice the connection has been closed.
If the server is down, you can't connect to the server...

- Joris