RE: ticket based authentication

> From: ronald@innovation.ch

> Isn't the algorithm=MD5-sess in Digest auth sufficient? The A1 is
> basically your ticket. Or maybe I'm missing something.

No, Digest as currently defined allows the http server to consult a
third party authentication server in order to obtain the secret (but
does not specify how that should be done).  It does not, however, meet
the need described here - that the http server be able to instruct the
client to first obtain credentials through the third party server.

--
Scott Lawrence