RE: Question of many METHODs

Only some are commonly used.

=== COMMONLY USED for Browsing ===
GET - Retreive documents, used most by your web browser
POST - Posting forms of HTML pages (commonly used)

=== HTTP/1.1 WEB EDITING ===
HEAD - Commonly used for testing hyperlinks (same as GET, but without
data/content)
PUT - Sending a file to a web server
DELETE - Remove files

=== Admin ===
OPTIONS - Setting settings on a web server or proxy server??? don't know
exactly....
TRACE - Tracing the path of a request through proxy servers and to a web
server

If you are building a simple HTTP/1.1 interface you should implement
	GET and POST

HEAD can be done simply using the same code as GET, but you don't get the
data/content)

PUT/DELETE/e.d. should be implemented if you plan web publishing or
authoring

Since I was building a proxy server, these functions are mostly used (GET &
POST).
If you build a proxy server, it's recommended to implement the CONNECT
command for
tunneling, but this not in your case (i think).

HTTP/1.1 also supports authentication and much more methods to secure data
on a web server. The PUT, DELETE, e.d. functions are not a security issue if
they require you to authenticate with digest or NTLM authentication (or some
alike). Also it's possible to use HTTPS for web publishing, what even
protects the data being transmitted, useful for sensative documenents.

So don't worry about security, just ensure you are making the library
HTTP/1.1-compliant and are a bit compatible with HTTP/1.0, what should not
be an issue if you follow the standards.

	Joris Dobbelsteen
	j.p.tdobbelsteen@freeler.nl