Re: Clarification requests from Paul Bennett...

> From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
> Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 00:42:53 -0700
> To: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
> Cc: mogul@pa.dec.com, paulle@microsoft.com, frystyk@w3.org, dmk@bell-labs.com
> Subject: Re: Clarification requests from Paul Bennett...
> -----
material elided
> > * Section 10.2.2 "201 Created" says nothing about the format of the
> >   response entity.  (section 10.3.1 "300 Multiple Choices" in a
> >   similar position is explicitly non-committal.
> >*** Do we want to crib the text from 300? ***
>
> 300 is a redirect, which implies the client isn't done yet.  I guess the
> text from the second para. of 300 is okay without the last two sentences
> having to do with automatic redirection.

I added:
"The response SHOULD include an entity containing a list of resource
characteristics and location(s) from which the user or user agent can
choose the one most appropriate. The entity format is specified by the
media type given in the Content-Type header field. "

To clarify this issue.
				- Jim