Re: Basic Authentication behavior (PROTECTION_SPACE issue.)

This is in last call... The proposed text is at:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1997q3/0758.html

While editing it into the draft, I noticed a nit or two...

Foteos Macrides wording says:

[START INSERT]---------------------------------------------------------
            A user agent SHOULD assume that all paths at or deeper than
            the depth of the last symbolic element in the path field
            of the Request-URI also are within the protection space
            specified by the Basic realm value of the current challenge,
            and MAY send the corresponding Authorization header with
            requests for resources in that space without receipt of
            another challenge from the server.
[END INSERT]-----------------------------------------------------------

I believe user agent should be client, rather than the more restrictive
user agent in this context.  And the sentence was running on...

My revised text is:

"A client SHOULD assume that all paths at or deeper than the depth of the
last symbolic element in the path field of the Request-URI also are within
the protection space specified by the Basic realm value of the current
challenge. A client MAY send the corresponding Authorization header with
requests for resources in that space without receipt of another challenge
from the server."

			- Jim