Re: 301/302

We seem to be going around in circles on this one.

Yes, some people prefer the proposal expanded in the message
   http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1997q3/0402.html

which isn't just "add 307", but a complicated "add 307,
deprecate 302 but leave it there anyway".

Most people at the meeting in Munich seemed to prefer the
alternative, which is just "swap 302 and 303".

We know there is some argument for cleanliness, for those who
went ahead and implemented 303 as it was originally described.
But it was felt "the cat's not really out of the bag". So if
it isn't, can we just go ahead and do the swap?

We need to decide this one soon.

Larry

--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter