Re: 301/302

Klaus Weide:

[...]
>The message where I proposed what is summarized above is at
>(For some reason it doesn't show up immediately when one follows the
>links into the archive from the Issues Page.)  There were several replies
>that indicated agreement.
>
>If the people present in Munich came to a different consensus, I would
>very much like to know why.

Being one of the people in Munich, I can report that we had no good
reasons to prefer swapping over allocating a new code, it is just that
we preferred swapping slightly more.  I also recall that we thought
that swapping was the solution most often mentioned on the mailing
list.

I do not think it is useful to spend too much time arguing which of
the two is the better solution, we need to pick one and move on.

Klaus, please tell us whether you can live with the spec using the
swapping solution.  If you think that swapping is evil, we can try to
get consensus on the 307 solution.  I for one can live with both
solutions, and I think this is true for all people I discussed it with
in Munich.

>     Klaus

Koen.