Apache and HTTP/1.1

Roy T. Fielding writes:
 > One thing I should note is that we have not yet attempted to complete an
 > HTTP/1.1 proxy.  Our current proxy, which is a bit of a bastard child
 > for people who were desperately seeking an alternative to the old
 > CERN proxy, is suffering from a lack of volunteers to improve it.
 > If anybody reading this is using the Apache proxy and would like to
 > help make it HTTP/1.1-compliant, please let me know.

Speaking of implementations, Jigsaw is meant to implement as much as
possible HTTP/1.1 both as a server and as a proxy. As far as I know it
is still one of the only proxy around being able to handle 1.1.

I am planning to have some HTTP/1.1 demo site (which would try to
exercise some features of 1.1 for implementeors to check their own
implementation - including mine ;-). If you're interested, drop me a
note.

Anselm.