Re: Content Negotiation: state of the art!

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Koen Holtman wrote:

> I do too, and it is accounted for.  What happens is that the user
> agent uses a feature-expr "x_version<=100" to say:
>
>  I support X versions 0 -- 100

While it seems safer to state support for a bounded interval, it seems
likely that some will wish to state support for 101 --> oo
because of a significant change in 101. Probably better to
say x_version >=101 and x_version <= 200 but until a conflict on the
upside is known, x_version>=101 would work. But I may also wish to
say I support colors >= 256, etc.

Dave