Re: draft-holtman-http-safe-00.txt

At 05:09 PM 10/10/96 +0200, Koen Holtman wrote:
>some HTML form hacks would be needed to provide the same level of downwards
>compatibility with existing browsers that Safe can provide, for example
>
>  <form action="..." method=post preferred_method=get-with-body>
>  </form>.
>So it boils down to cruft in HTTP vs. cruft in HTML.

Aren't proxies disallowed from forwarding methods they don't understand?
Wouldn't GETWITHBODY require a HTTP/1.2 (or rather, a 1.3, since servers
would be forced to accept it in 1.2, but clients would need to not send it
until 1.3, ala FullURL)?  Safe: yes could be sent today.

-----
Daniel DuBois
I travel, I code, I'm a Traveling Coderman
http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/