Re: Sticky stuff.

Stephen White writes:
> just as a datapoint, the cable modem installations in the toronto area
> (which are now actual production services, not beta tests) use two-way
> communication over the cable lines.  they're not assymetrical.

Several of the systems being tested in the U.S. use two-way
communication over cable lines, but are still bandwidth-assymetric.
As I understand it, they use several frequency bands (each band being
equivalent to what would deliver a standard cable channel) in the
downstream portion, but only a part of one in upstream portion.  The
system in Toronto may,of course, be designed very differently.

				Ted Hardie
				NASA Science Internet