Re: Document Action: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.0 toInformational

At 9:38 AM 4/1/96, The IESG wrote:
>The IESG has reviewed the Internet-Draft "Hypertext Transfer Protocol
>-- HTTP/1.0" <draft-ietf-http-v10-spec-05.txt, .ps> and recommends that
>it be published by the RFC Editor as an Informational RFC, but with the
>following IESG Note:
>
>	The IESG has concerns about this protocol, and expects this
>	document to be replaced relatively soon by a standards track
>	document.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky here, but it should be made clear that there
are no known plans in the HTTP WG to replace the HTTP/1.0 document, nor to
replace the HTTP/1.0 protocol described in the document in question. There
certainly are plans to come out soon with a *different document*, and that
document will described a *different protocol*, namely HTTP/1.1.

Of course, there are also plans to try to get as much of the world to adopt
the new protocol as soon as we can. However, this is an implementation
issue.