Re: more on Digest Auth

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Paul Leach wrote:

> John said:
> ] The reason it would be  rather difficult to change the protocol now
> ] is that it is already in widespread use.  It is in all the current
> ] versions of browsers from Microsoft and NCSA.
>
> It is not in the current version of Microsoft's browser.

Maybe the word "current" is the issue.  But it works fine for me with
MSIE 2.0b2 for the Mac which I downloaded last week from microsoft.com
as the newest version (I am writing this from memory so the version
number may be slightly wrong).  I haven't tried 2.0 for Windows95 but
I assumed it was similar.  Is that incorrect?

Is your point that the "current" version is 1.0? I am interested to
know what versions do support it.

		john@math.nwu.edu