Re: Describing current practice for 301 and 302

Koen Holtman writes:
> Paul Hoffman:
> >[Koen Holtman:]
> >>It is worth noting because most user agents in use now change the POST
> >>to a GET.  Thus, there is a discrepancy between current practice and
> >>the 1.0 informational definition.  It is important to warn about such
> >>discrepancies in the 1.0 document.

The reason for this mess is that there was some confusion about the 303 Method
return code by which you could actually change the method to perform on the
object. I think this note is OK if we add the word "erroneously" to this
change of method!

+      Note: When automatically redirecting a POST request after
+      receiving a 301 status code, some existing user agents will
+      change it into a GET request.