Content-MD5

> Dave Raggett writes:
> [...]
 >>   11) Defined semantics for metainformation
 >>       o Title, Link, Base, Content-MD5, Content-Language, etc.
>                               ***********
> Sorry If I'm completly off base but could this be changed
> into "Content-Checksum:". I'd rather not tie MD5 particular
> *algorithm* to the general 'checksum' *functionality*, (just in case
> MD6 pops out in few monthes for instance...) {Though I currently use
> MD5 as the algorithm currently}

No, we are not going to replace a well-defined proposed standard with
a newly-defined invention.  Using separate header fields for different
algorithms is just as applicable (and easier to parse) as any
parameterized generic header field.

 ...Roy T. Fielding
    University of California, Irvine, CA 92717-3425    fax:+1(714)824-4056
    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/