Re: URI fields in response headers

Shel Kaphan writes:
>If multiple URIs are returned in this header, that suggests (to me,
>anyway) that any resources cached with those URIs as keys (with
>suitably matching 'vary' options, etc.) should occupy the same cache slot
>in the client.  (there are security issues associated with this...)

My problem with the example in the spec is that the two URIs have different
'vary' dimensions, and obviously the two of them differ in type.  But while
we know that TheProject.ps is application/postscript and TheProject.html is
text/html, how can a client or proxy know this from the header information?

I think that this section on the URI response, as well as section 6.2.3
which requires a 406 response to include the metainformation on a resource
without specifying how to deal with varying dimensions, needs to be much
better explained in the spec.

--
Jim Seidman, Senior Software Engineer
Spyglass Inc., 1230 E. Diehl Road, Naperville IL 60563