Re: Reauthentication Requested Revisited

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:55:25 +0100 (MET)
To: joshco@microsoft.com (Josh Cohen)
Cc: ietf-http-ext@w3.org
Josh Cohen:

[....]
>Essentially this is a server to client request acknowledgement
>system.

I find myself wondering why we need the extra headers you proposed.
Can't your needs for server to client request acknowledgement be
satisfied already by a system in which the server sends a html response
with an embedded script, which then contacts the server?

I tend to agree with Scott that server to client request
acknowledgement has little to do with the original `reauthentication
requested' problem.

Koen.