Would you use parameters in extension declarations?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 20:07:18 +0900
To: ietf-http-ext@w3.org

Yaron wrote:

	There is no reason given in the draft for why parameters
	should be included in the extension declaration. It
	appears to be to be sufficient to just give a list of
	URIs identifying various extensions along with prefixes.
	It is then up to each of the extension definitions to
	define how to pass in parameters, if any.

And I replied:

	As an implementor, I would only use header fields to carry
	parameters if they interacted with existing HTTP/1.1 features
	like caching, vary etc. If not then I would certainly use
	parameters as they can be passed to the extension asis.

I would like to put this to the attention of implementors of this
specification and HTTP extension mechanisms in general. What do *you* think?

Whatever there is consensus for will get into the draft so if you care then
speak now or forever...

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,