Re: Application protocols and Address Translation

Carl Ford wrote:
> One aspect of this to be discussed is the ease of use of getting the IP
> addresses.  Nats have a simple plug and play value that is a counter-balance
> to getting IP addresses allocated. Particularly when most folks have used the
> ISP for this function.

Well the NAT problem gets bigger and bigger every day. I think the race
on IPv4 is lost here, it's better to concentrare on IPv6 and have good
IP rules that every user gets a big net and good documentation from the
ISP on how to use it.
Things must be easy for the end user and SMB otherwise we are stuck in a
new NAT swamp.

/John