question about MIME type

From: Effie <effie9999@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:41:51 -0700 (PDT)
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org

Hi,

In a Flash application, I have URL links to a
directory with mp3 files, and this is a directory on
the web server that's hosting my site. In Flash, the
user hits an object which links to
"http:/www.example.com/mp3/file.mp3".

In IE, this link correctly brings a pop-up window
which asks if the user wants to download the file. In
other browsers, I just get a new window of garbled
junk.

Does anyone know what changes need to be made on the
web server with respect to the MIME type of the mp3s
so they can be downloaded correctly?

Thanks
Effie