Re: Requirements for reliable message delivery

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:24:14PM -0000, Miles Sabin wrote:
> Michael Mealling wrote,
> > Besides, what are you calling the 'web'? Tim and most of the W3C
> > have roughly defined it as the set of things identifiable via
> > URIs...
>
> Yes, but that's a pretty imperialist definition given that *anything*
> can be identified by a URI (for suitable readings of 'can'). I don't
> see any good reason to accept it.

Accept whatever you want. But the Apps area, the industry and most other
standards bodies accept that definition. The web is much more than
your browser....

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | urn:pin:1
michael@neonym.net      |                              | http://www.neonym.net