Re: Requirements for reliable message delivery

Mark Baker wrote:

> > if the design of the web is to coerce everything into one protocol,
> > it's fundamentally broken.    perhaps that was the intent, but
> > I'm happy that things didn't work out that way.
>
> Not "everythng", just "lots of things".
>
> Do you see a problem with my example?

I can't see any basic reason why a thermostat should be accessed as if
it was a hypertext document. I would expect building-services control
messages to get layered directly over a transport protocol in due
course. I certainly want thermostats to be accessed by a highly reliable
mechanism that survives disconnected operation, which is where this
thread started.

  Brian