Re: Two new drafts: Multipart/Interleaved and Application/BatchBeep

By way of historical context, I will note that my own reaction to the idea
of these specifications was that they should just use BEEP:  The purpose of
the multiplexing at to permit multiple data streams without one blocking
the other, and with constrained buffering requirements at the receiver.

That is a dynamic requirement that depends upon the detail of the transport
and the receiver.

That's the job of a protocol, not a format.

d/

At 12:36 PM 4/16/2001, Herriot, Robert wrote:
>I recently published two drafts
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herriot-multipart-interleaved-00.txt
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herriot-application-batchbeep-00.txt

Dave Crocker   <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464