RE: need a reviewer (or three) for draft-cai-ssdp-v1-00.txt

I just read the draft.  I think the basic idea of putting a small HTTP
message as the payload in a broadcast UDP message is rather cute.  But it
will only remain cute for me if the HTTP message size stays within the
maximum safe/generally supported size of a single broadcast UDP message. I
don't know what this size is nowadays, I am getting conflicting data from
various sources.

Complex to-be-defined mechanisms for supporting arbitrary-length
HTTP-over-UDP broadcast would spoil the idea for me.

Anyway, I would not consider this to be something on top of HTTP, it is
rather something that re-uses some of the extensible syntax in HTTP, which
is entirely legitimate.  As the use case is LAN based (or at least
intranet based), I don't think the IETF should devote major resources to
this.

Koen.