IMAP extensions for voice

Folks,

Following on from the informal BOF in Orlando we have set up a mailing list
to discuss extensions to IMAP4 in support of voice messaging system
requirements.  The goal is to standardize these extensions in the IETF.

As discussed in Orlando, the current featrues of interest are:
	  - Binary attachment transfer
	  - External reference (e.g., use phone for playback)
	  - Alternate codec request (i.e., server please transcode)
	  - Streaming audio attachments
	  - Message length indicator (seconds for voice, pages for fax)
	  - Body part read indicator (separate for voice, fax and other)

> To subscribe to the mailing list, send a message to
>      ietf-imap-voice-request@imc.or
> with the single word
>      subscribe
> in the body of the message. There is a description of the list and archive
> at <http://www.imc.org/ietf-imap-voice/>.

Cheers,
Glenn