Re: DAV:cannot-copy-collection-version precondition for COPY

It sounds like you are suggesting that the result of the copy depend on
what is in the target of the copy?  That would be very strange "copy"
behavior (i.e. the result of the copy should only depend on the source of
the copy).  Collection versions are for use by "merge" and "update".