Re: The version element and workspaces

Werner wrote on 03/30/2006 12:14:00 PM:

> > The XML elements that appear in the body of a method are defined
> > in the section of the specification that defines that method.
>
> Indeed, but this implies that elements which are used in more than
> one method are specified more than once, e.g. fork-ok.

Yes, we decided that people would rather be able to see the definitions
where they are used, rather than having to scroll back to an appendix.
We also could identify no compelling reason to duplicate the definitions
in an appendix, so we did not do so.

> >> When the "label" feature is also
> >> supported the method could have additional semantics, where a
label-name
> >> element may be added to the version element and where the href
element
> >> could then refer to a version history or a VCR that is connected to
> >> that version history.
> >
> > Yes, it logically could, but this is not defined in RFC 3253.
>
> Any chance this might change in the future?

One would need to identify a significant interoperability or performance
problem in order for it to merit a revision to the specification.
I don't think either would apply to this extension.