webdav mailing list.

From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]

The issue here is that if we allow a DELETE to fail because other bindings
exist, a client may never be able to delete a binding (because due to race
conditions, there will always be additional bindings left). I'm not saying
that this can be avoided, however it *really* sounds ugly. As I said, I
haven't seen a convincing argument why we need this restriction in RFC3253
(and yes, this discussion should be moved to the other mailing list).

> Can we agree that servers can reject DELETE/MOVE requests and move the
> versioning specific discussion to the versioning mailing list?

Yes. Still, we may have to define additional precondition values for

- resource does not support additional bindings
- new member name can't be used (in deltav: because it was already used for
a stable URI)

Julian