From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 4:32 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: 3.5: VERSION-CONTROL response codes

Hi.

The VERSION-CONTROL method -- when applied to a versionable but not yet
version-controlled resource, creates one or two new resources (being the
checked-in version and optionall the version history resource).

I'd like to see the definition in 3.5 extended to

- allow a 201 to be returned when new resources were created (see [1])

- define that in this case, the Location header should point to the version
being created

- define an optional response body (DAV:version-control-response) that
contains references to the resources being created, such as:

<version-control-response xmlns="DAV:">
  <checked-in>...</checked-in>
  <version-history>...</version-history>
</version-control-response>

(similar marshalling may also be needed for other methods that create new
resources)

[1] <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#rfc.section.10.2.2>