RE: COPY, MOVE and VCR's

Hi,

[Daniel said:]
>For COPY I'd expect to got a new VCR at the destination with an exact copy
>of properties. This implies that the new created VCR must share the
>version-history with the source VCR. Is this correct? Is this desirable?

I think this is desirable and correct but with one caveat...

Both in section 1.3 (where the workspace term is defined) and in section 6
the DeltaV specification says that you can only have one VCR for a given
version history in a workspace.  If copy created a new VCR but pointed to
the original VHR then this rule could be violated if the destination is in
the same workspace as the source of the copy.
If the copy does not break this rule then it would be fine to have two VCRs
pointing to the same version history.

I certainly wouldn't have thought that moving a VCR would create a new
history resource.

Regards,
--
Peter Raymond - MERANT