RE: Clarification on definition of a configuration....

Hi,

It was the text in section 12 where it says "... that are not members of
another
configuration" that leads to the confusion.

Lets imagine you have the structure in the e-mail below and you put
the build collection under baseline control by issuing a BASELINE-CONTROL
request.

Can you now issue another BASELINE-CONTROL request on build/src?

I guess not since the resulting configuration would contain members
of the configuration defined by the initial BASELINE-CONTROL request.
Also the pre-condition (DAV:version-controlled-configuration-must-not-exist)
would be triggered because build/src already has a version-controlled
configuration property.

BUT...I guess you could have done that in the reverse order...eg...

If I issue a BASELINE-CONTROL method on build/src first I would then be
able to later put the build collection itself under BASELINE-CONTROL.

Is that right?

Would the second baseline contain members from build and build/include
but no members from build/src? Because the second configuration can
not contain members from the first configuration?

Regards,
--
Peter Raymond - MERANT
Principal Architect (PVCS)