RE: Locking

Locking a version history resource will prevent all clients from creating a
new version in that history (e.g., by checking in a version-controlled
resource or working resource, or using the VERSION-CONTROL method).  When
locked the history's DAV:version-set cannot be modified thus preventing
these operations.

Not sure when that would be useful though<g>