Re: WebDAV Invalidation (Was Re: Allow: header and supported methods)

While Im nervous about trying to boil the ocean
in the form of a 'general notifications protocol', Im
wondering what people think about including the ability
to subscribe to events on resources?
By this I mean, in short, being able to subscribe
to a resource, such that when things happen to it,
such as:
o  property change
o  update (last modified)
o  invalidate
o  lock expiration / lock override
o  deleted

a subscribed entity would receive a notification.

There's been some relevant work here in the form of
an HTTP extension (SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY methods) in the past
to deal with some of these issues.  It was work that
was previously done in the context of using HTTP for IM
and it quite similar to the SIP subscription extensions.

Does this sound at all like something the group
would be interested in taking a closer look at ?

thanks,

---
Josh