Re: Versions being deleted during a MERGE...

Peter Raymond wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Clemm, Geoff" wrote:
>
> > A server is of course free to refuse the DELETE request,
> > and indicate as its reason that it didn't want to satisfy
> > the postcondition that would remove that version URL from
> > the DAV:merge-set.
> >

> I thought the servers (to be compliant) MUST enforce the postconditions.
> Are you saying a deltav compliant server needs not honour all the
> postconditions?  If servers do not honour the postconditions would it not
> lead to possible non-interoperability?

Apologies...ignore that bit above....I just realized that since I want the
DELETE to
fail it is fine to fail one of the postconditions (and as Geoff says return the
reason
in the response).  It's only when the operation is successful that all the
postconditions
must be honoured.