RE: auto-checkout and auto-checkin

Well, I intended "! Checkin-Locked" to mean that the value of
auto-checkin did not include locked-update.

However, it seems though I've been burned again.  I assumed that
<auto-checkin><locked-update/></auto-checkin> meant something completely
different that it does.

So it would seem that my server supports:
<auto-checkout><unlocked-update/><locked-update/></auto-checkout>
And
<auto-checkin><unlocked-update/></auto-checkin>

And the logic is thus:
PUT on a VCR Entry:
If the VCR is checked in AND no workking-resource has been created (no
forking, remember) then check it out, else fail.
If you just checked it out, remember that you did an 'AUTO' checkout,
and remember whether the resource was locked when
You did so.

... Do the PUT ...

PUT on a VCR Exit:
If you just did an AUTO checkout and the resource isn't locked then
check it in.

UNLOCK or Lock Expire:
If an AUTO checkout was done, and the resource was locked when it was
done, then do a checkin.