Re: live props on a VCR

I think "SHOULD be the same" would be misleading, for example the last
modified time of the VCR should not be the same as its target.

Let the spec. be quiet since the property report can be used to trivially
retrieve properties from the target resource.  Given that the VCR and the
version are separate resources there is no precedence for having their
properties synchronized (beyond the initial VERSION-CONTROL or SET-TARGET).

Tim

That's completely fine... no big deal if some must differ. However, we
could
probably insert a "SHOULD be the same" phrase. That at least lets people
know that the live props will be the same unless something really prevents
it.

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein wrote:
> The spec is pretty clear in 2.1.3 that dead properties of a version
> resource
> must also be exposed on the VCR. It also says that live props may differ.
> But it would be good to know if a VR's live props must also be exposed on
> the VCR.
>
> Specifically, I want to get the DAV:version-name from the VCR (rather
than
> issue a second PROPFIND against the DAV:target of the VCR).
>
> I don't see anything in the spec about exposing VR live props thru the
VCR

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/