RE: comments on deltav-10.5 from Yaron Goland, Act Two

Can somebody clarify what this would mean:

Whether or not I agree with this, I find the phrase "version URL" to be
ambiguous enough that I'm not certain what this comment is supposed to mean,
so I'll start with an example:
 - foo.doc is created
 - foo.doc is made versioned and "foo.doc.__v1__" is defined as the relative
version URL
 - All of foo.doc is deleted
 - foo.doc is created
 - foo.doc is made versioned, NOW, according to this suggestion, the current
version CANNOT be called foo.doc.__v1__ therefore is called foo.doc.__v2__

Is that the intent?  if so, I'd have to disagree with this; although it
might be desirable for a server to avoid ever having a version URL re-used,
it ought not to be part of the standard.  I don't actually think it's
relative to the standard, although it may be very relative to good server
design.

lisa