complicate client implementations.

   From: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com
   Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:30:16 +0000

   Is that 'should' a SHOULD or a MUST?

   There are likely servers that cannot achieve an 'atomic delete with
   multiple resource property updates'.

   Tim

   "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com> on 2000-11-19 06:08:03 PM

   Please respond to "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>

   To:   ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   cc:
   Subject:  Deletion semantics for versioning metadata

   Greg has asked that we clarify the results of deleting things
   like working resources, versions, version histories, etc.

   I believe it is sufficient for us to say that if a server allows you
   to delete such a resource, that all the versioning properties of other
   resources that refer to that resource should be updated to no longer
   refer to the deleted resource (I'd probably enumerate those properties
   to make sure there is no misunderstanding).

   Any objections?