From: Geoffrey M. Clemm [mailto:geoffrey.clemm@rational.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 11:12 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org; acl@webdav.org
Subject: splitting up the DAV:repository-report

We were planning on re-using the REPORT method and the
DAV:repository-report in ACL protocol, but we've gotten
feedback that coupling the two protocols this tightly
is undesireable, and that the generic DAV:repository-report
is a confusing/misleading.

To address this concern, I propose that we split the
DAV:repository-report into a separate report for each
special type, i.e. DAV:workspace-location-report
and DAV:activity-location-report for versioning
and DAV:principal-location-report for ACL.

The definition of the REPORT method would then appear
in both the ACL protocol and the Versioning protocol,
thus removing any dependencies between them.

Any objections?