From: Michael Malyshev [mailto:Michael_Malyshev@mail.ru]
Sent: 08 November 2003 07:05
To: Misha Wolf; McDonald, Ira; ietf-charsets@iana.org
Subject: Re: Registration of new charset [Amiga-1251] - revision 2

Hello Misha

> I think there's a small typo at the start of your insert:
>
>>  [upper half of ISO 8859-1 mapping to/from Unicode]
>
> I think this was supposed to say 8859-5.

> It would be nice to note in the registration (where you refer to
'based
> on ISO 8859-1) that the upper half (Cyrillic) code points are _not_
> the same as ISO 8859-5 (which does apparently contain most of your
> code points, based on a brief inspection just now).  I appended the
> upper half of ISO 8859-5 mapping table below your note.

Hold on, why are we touching ISO 8859-5 ?

We have no relation to it. The Cyrillics there are shifted by 16.

We use ISO 8859-1 as basics and add Euro and numero signs to it.
Then we add the cyrillic part to it. Everything that is added replaces
the upper
half of the ISO table completely.

Please explain your point, I am lost.

Regards