Re: Register EBCDIC Character Set "OSD_EBCDIC_DF04_1"

Markus Scherer wrote:
> Do BS2000 conversion implementations that convert between these charsets
> and Unicode/ISO 10646 only use roundtrip mappings, or do they also use
> fallback/one-way mappings? I assume that all mappings in the supplied
> tables are roundtrip mappings.
>
> What substitution character byte sequence is used for these charsets? It
> should be added to the registration. Is it the same for all of them?
> (IBM's SUB character for EBCDIC SBCS is 0x3F.)
>
> See "fallback" and "substitution" in http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr22/
>
> markus

For OSD_EBCDIC_DF04_1 and OSD_EBCDIC_DF04_15 that is a 8 bits roundtrip mapping
but for 2 bytes mapping, undefined characters are mapped as '?' 0x6F.

In OSD_EBCDIC_DF03_IRV there is no 8 bits roundtrip mapping, undefined
characters are mapped as '?' 0x6F.

Jean-Frederic