Re: Does the Charset Registry still function?

Hello Mark,

At 14:26 03/05/02 -0700, Mark Davis wrote:
>You're right, I should have written "some questions".

>Despite your recommendation, I am still rather reluctant to bombard
>the list with all the different possible registrations.

I did not want to suggest that. I wanted to suggest that you send
a very limited number of registrations that each exhibit one of the
questions you wanted to ask. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

>For everyone's
>sake, it would really help to get some clarity first! That is why we
>boiled down the questions to very simple examples. Each of those
>examples actually illustrates a known problem, but is *much* easier to
>comprehend than a multipage mapping table. If you think it would
>facilitate matters, I could put out a separate email for each of the
>questions.

I think that would help focus the discussion, in particular if
you have a specific example of a potential registration.

And maybe not send all the questions at the same time.

Regards,    Martin.