Re: Registration of new charset BOCU-1 refreshed - UTF-8

thanks - please send the revised BOCU-1 registration with the warning in
it, so that I can pass it to IANA and say "I approve".

I think this has been discussed enough now.

last followup on the email tangent, though.....

--On 4. september 2002 14:05 -0700 Markus Scherer
<markus.scherer@jtcsv.com> wrote:

>> Remember that we have zero (none, nada, nil, zilch) generally supported
>> ways of figuring out what charsets the recipient of an email supports.
>

> Well, if an SMTP email system does not support the Content-Type: header,
> then this is true for all charsets. (Except that you can use heuristics
> for just about everything, but that's cheating.)

the content-type header passes information from the sender to the
recipient, not from the recipient to the sender.