Re: Registration of new charset GB18030 (fwd)

Because of the number of people that put dashes in strange places in the
names, and because no names are distinguished (point to different character
conversion mappings) on the basis of dashes, in ICU we switched to a policy
of ignoring all dashes (we ignore case also). That turned out to be much
simpler, and might be worth considering for the iana registry.

Mark
___
mark.davis@us.ibm.com
IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
(408) 256-3148
fax: (408) 256-0799

                      Martin Duerst
                      <duerst@w3.org>          To:       Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Anthony Fok
                                                <anthony@thizlinux.com>, ietf-charsets@iana.org
                      2002.07.15 00:15         cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Registration of new charset GB18030 (fwd)

Hello Harald,

Comments regarding the Li18nux guidelines should be sent to
localenameguide@li18nux.org.

I fully agree with your comment. I seem to remember to have
sent a similar comment in their first round of comments.

Regards,  Martin.