Re: ISO 8859-16 is a national security threat :)

If I understand the argument correctly, if someone named Robert goes by
the handle of Bob, the whole government crumbles. Fortunately, criminals
always spell their names correctly.

tex

Markus Kuhn wrote:

> I was delighted to read in
>
>   ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 2/WG 3/N 441
>   http://wwwold.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG3/docs/n441.pdf
>
> how ISO 8859-16 is officially considered by the Kingdom of the
> Netherlands a threat to their national security. (Though it makes we
> worry whether the Dutch secret police is now after me, having made
> available tools for generating X11 fonts for that encoding with the
> subversive COMMA BELOW characters. Implementors beware.)
>
> Markus
>
> --
> Markus G. Kuhn, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK
> Email: mkuhn at acm.org,  WWW: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655