Re: modification to registration of charset ks_c_5601-1987

At 10:19 01/06/02 -0700, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> > Just one thing that we need to check. My definition of iso-ir-149
> > did not include the 2022 shift between an 7-bit ASCII-like charset
> > and the 14-bit iso-ir-149. Maybe that is the intention with ks_c_5601.
> >
> > We need to check with Korean users.
>
>I don't have the spec and I don't want the spec, so can somebody that
>has/wants the spec do this?

I have a copy of that standard at work, but in Korean (which I can
read about as well as the average scientist can read Greek :-(.
But I think the problem isn't the standard itself, because the
standard (or the way people use it) both includes the simple
14-bit table as well as the combination with ASCII (or it's
Korean equivalent). If you can point us to a few files with
actual data, this may help.

Regards,  Martin.