Re: Registration of new IBM Char Sets

The idea was to document it for applications to be used at a platform
but not on the wire. And this was deemed needed as IETF specifications
are also about the things that happen with the protocols at
the platforms.

On the other hand, it was decided that only some selected charsets
should be used for interchange, on the wire. Maybe we should add
that as a property to each of the registrations, that is,
"recommended for use on the wire". I believe some of these
recommendations are already done in the rfcs specifying the
protocols.

Kind regards
Keld