Re: any more comments?

>I, for one, would welcome such tables.  I've implemented a server from
>the spec., and while I agree with Roy that reading everything is
>essential, I sure would have liked a set of tables to use as a
>checklist to make sure I hadn't done something dumb.

On the other hand, even a 4-dimensional table could take us many months to
come to agreement on. I propose that Roy move the current BCP draft
forwards and, if there is interest in doing such a table, that it come as a
later document.

Maybe someone (not me) can start by creating a database of their view of
the BCP draft, then  make the database publicly viewable. People could add
to or disagree with the table (outside the WG, on a mailing list of folks
concerned with such details), and any significant differences that are not
deliniated in the BCP draft will pop out.

It seems likely to me that these differences and/or enhancements to the BCP
will be more on edge conditions than on the basics of how should HTTP
servers work. These edge conditions, while important, are not so important
as to prevent us from wanting a finalized BCP *soon*. We can always do a
refinement or addition draft in six months or so. Heck, we could publish
the whole database then, if we felt consensus on it.

--Paul Hoffman
--Proper Publishing